Location: In Home CPR, 200 Main Street, Suite 200C, Redwood City, CA, 94063
Initial Course: The class is over two days. Day one is 5 hours; day two is 8 hours.
Renewal Course: One 8 hour class.
Payment: After registering for a class, we will follow up with how to pay by PayPal, credit card, Venmo or check.
Precourse Test: You must complete the precourse test, receive a score of 80% or better, print it, and bring it to your class. Follow this link to complete the ACLS precourse test. In the field that says, “enter code from manual”, type: ACLS15
Study Resource: Whether this is your first time taking ACLS or renewing, many of our students have found the ACLS algorithms course a helpful way to prepare.
Certification card: You will receive your American Heart Association ACLS certification card at the class. The certification is valid for two years.
CE Credits: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP16780, for 12 contact hours for the Initial Course; 6 contact hours for the Renewal Course. EMS personnel can receive CE credits for this course through CECBEMS.
Course Manual: You must have a current copy of the American Heart Association’s ACLS course manual (2015 guidelines) during the class. You can purchase the manual at CPRmanuals.com and Channing Bete. You can purchase the manual at the classroom on the day of your class for $40.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team