First Aid CPR AED Classes in Redwood City
Location: 200 Main Street, Suite 200C, Redwood City, CA. Plenty of free parking.
Price: $95, includes the course manual.
Certification: Until December 1, 2017 this will be an American Heart Association course. After December 1, 2017, it will be an American Red Cross course. Both certifications meet the First Aid and CPR AED requirements of OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
Payment: Pay at your class by cash or check. We do not accept credit cards at the classroom.
Duration: 6 1/2 hours (includes a one hour break for lunch).
Certification card: You will receive your American Heart Association First Aid CPR AED certification card at the class. The card is valid for two years.
Audience: Professions and individuals that usually need a First Aid CPR AED certification include: athletic coach, adopting parents, special education teacher, camp counselor, school bus driver, personal trainer, nanny, au pair, babysitter, pharmacy technician, nursing home employee, construction worker.
- Checking an Injured or Ill Person: checking a responsive person, checking an unresponsive person.
- Cardiac Emergencies: heart attack, cardiac arrest, infant CPR, child CPR, adult CPR, using an AED, working as a team.
- Choking: signs and symptoms of choking, first aid for choking for adults, children and infants.
- Sudden Illness: respiratory distress, asthma, allergic reactions and anaphylaixis, diabetic emergencies, seizures, fainting, stroke.
- Traumatic Injuries: shock, internal bleeding, wounds, burns, muscle, bone and joint injuries, head, neck and spinal injuries, nose and mouth injuries, chest injuries, abdominal injuries, pelvic injuries, using a tourniquet.
- Environmental Injuries and Illnesses: exposure injuries and illnesses, poisoning, bites and stings, rash-causing plants, lightning-strike injuries.